In the meantime, my antsy self is trying to keep busy without getting too far off track. This much is done:
- The basic website is complete. Stellar design thanks to Mack Sabbath of Rockthought.com. Band pages, e-commerce and additional content will be added as we get closer to defined release dates. This is all anchored and inspired by the logo designed by R. Lawrence Blake from the New Wave of Thrash Metal Blog. The standard artist agreement draft (always subject to negotiation) is posted for download in the site's footer and can also be accessed here.
- An additional design element was donated by a friend and graphic artist who wishes to go uncredited. I'm using the Gogbot above as an extra marketing design as well as an avatar replacement for the copyright-chafing General Urko I'd had in place since this blog's inception. The sci-fi feel complements the monolithic G label logo and also pays homage to the comic books, films and fiction that have proven a constant inspiration since childhood.
- All the dull stuff, bank accounts, registration, PO boxes... is either done or in process. Gogmagogical Records can be reached via the U.S. Mail at P.O. Box 211, Vandalia, Ohio 45377.
- In terms of even more dull stuff, I've been shopping/pricing/comparing vinyl mailers, testing and weighing and working to calculate the lowest possible realistic, fair shipping prices.
- I've started testing some small batches of marketing/giveaway swag. With many thanks to Jacob Shively of Dismemberment for his insight, experience and recommendations regarding sources, I've got the usual buttons and decals moving and have a few other options I'd like to explore once we have some traction in terms of musical output on the calendar. To date, buttons are in hand, turned around with incredible speed and top-notch quality from Jimmy Buttons, a fellow Ohioan.